My students have been learning about growth mindset and self-regulation. For Bell Let’s Talk Day on January 30th, we focused on gratitude. We discussed the things in our lives that we take for granted but are thankful for and in some instances, couldn’t or wouldn’t want to live without. The questions to guide our discussion included:
- What are you grateful to have learned or be learning about?
- What are you challenged by?
- What is something that you use everyday and couldn’t live without? What toys are your favourite?
- What person or thing makes you smile?
- What do you like to smell, taste, touch, hear, see?
- What do you appreciate in nature/outside?
- What are you thankful for in your community, at home, at school, etc.?
- What do you appreciate about yourself? About your friends?
I’m pretty proud with what they came up with and the kind things they said to each other during the discussion. We learned that we can use words and a listening ear to brighten someone’s day – truly a lifelong lesson!